Wednesday 10 July 2013

Reminising and a big party

My folks arrived safely back into S.A after a trek through Zimbabwe. So stoked 'cos I get to spend a weekend in Winterton. I miss the fresh air and open spaces. I feel constricted and suppressed in a city. A city is no place for a warrior, especially this one.

I once again have this urge to go out and "fetch" dinner from the wild. Like as kids we would trek up to good family friends' berg cottage and spend the weekend fly fishing for trout. We used to go up with the Greens once a month.
That is how us Humans should live. Wake up just before sunrise, one of the parents would make coffee and we'd sit outside on the verandah watching the first signs of the morning sun silhouetting the Drakensberg in a reddish pink.
Slowly the valley begins receive it's first light and the three dams at the bottom reflect the pink sky. Being twelve years old it feels great when us MEN grab our rods and head down the valley silently to stalk our prey. By mid morning we would have caught a couple Rainbow Trout and kept just enough for breakfast, releasing the rest.
It would be the job of  us younger "men" to clean the fish and throw the bits back into the water to feed the fish for next time.
The folks would stuff the empty belly with butter, onions, lemon slices and herbs and we would chuck the fish on a braai and let it cook. Now that is a breakfast for a champion in the making.

I'm either getting fit or old. Saturday night something weird possessed us and we hit the town, HARD. Wow, all I remember is constantly having a drink in my hand and somebody kept wanting to talk to me that I didn't want to talk to. The rest of the time I was being awesome.
All fun and games, but when I woke up the next morning it felt as if somebody was playing a game of tennis in my head. I was super "dizzy" when I stood up and nauseous. Yoh, I haven't hung like this ever. My eyes hurt, I was even stiff from dancing so hard. What a waste of a day. I woke up for an hour and went straight back to bed just because I couldn't take the pain of hanging. Note to self, don't get fit and go party. Shit goes downhill fast.
So much so my runs have left me smelling like a brewery.

That been said we are not going clubbing again. It's no joke I have not felt this unwarriorish in years. 
Lesson learnt, I'll running harder this week.
Oh crap, talking about this week I might have told Kelly I would join her and her friends at a boot camp. Eff, this could pose a problem. I'm still weak from Saturday night. What if i puke in front of a chick. I can't do that. I'd look weak and no longer be an alpha male. That will not happen. I think the only reason Sadie digs me is because I am an alpha male. 
We have a problem, I'm gonna stop writing and start Googling the safety issues regarding swallowing cement. That should harden me up long enough so I don't throw up. We'll worry about the rest in the morning.


Some cool reading

www.lekkerdining.weebly.com - A dinner club we started, Cands ( may I say Cands or must it be Candice?) started. Cool recipes coming

www.mikefrostmtb.blogspot.com - Dads Blog, covering his trip to Zim at the moment

www.hiltonfrost.blogspot.com - Hilts Blog - he came 3rd elite at KZN Champs this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment